Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, September 09, 2018

Strictly 2018: The Pairings

We now know who is partnered with whom, so it's time to have a look at the pairings in a bit more detail.

Kate Silverton & Aljaž Skorjanec
It was no surprise to anyone that these two have been put together. I like this pairing. They look great together, and I think they'll get on well. They'll have fun, and she'll do her best. I think they'll go quite far.

Vick Hope & Graziano Di Prima
This is a difficult one to call, as we don't know anything about Graziano and his style of teaching or choreography. But Vick looks good so far.

Faye Tozer & Giovanni Pernice
Faye is going to do well. We saw a very caring side to Giovanni last year with Debbie. He knew how to choreograph to Debbie's strengths, so I think Faye is in safe hands. We know she can dance.

Susannah Constantine & Anton du Beke
Poor Anton. Another dud. Susannah looked as though she was having problems with 'step and clap' in the group number, so I don't hold out much hope. Anton's fans will keep them in for a week or two, but I think Anton will have plenty of time to promote his book this autumn. And Susannah has already rubbed me up the wrong way with her 'curse' comment. Poor taste.

Lee Ryan & Nadiya Bychkova
I like Lee, he seem's like a good bloke. I didn't think Nadiya's choreography was the best last year. It was Davood's charisma that carried her through the competition last year. Perhaps Lee's likability will do the same.

Ranj Singh & Janette Manrara
Ranj seems a bit excitable, so I think he is a great match for Janette, who is a bundle of energy. Janette always seems to be a great partner to whoever she has. Ranj looked as though he might be able to move a bit, too.

Danny John-Jules & Amy Dowden
We didn't really get to see what Amy can do last year, but Danny is a much stronger partner than Brian Conley. I think these two could go quite far. I think they'll have fun, but work hard too.

Joe Sugg & Dianne Buswell
Joe Sugg is going to be this year's Mollie King, the one who gets a tad further than they should because of a legion of fans voting. If Joe's millions of followers all vote for him, he's going to be hard to beat regardless of his ability. I find Dianne a bit full on at times, but I'm interested to see how she'll do with a much younger partner than last year.

Katie Piper & Gorka Marquez
I think this pair will work well together. Katie is into her fitness, as is Gorka, so they'll have some common ground. I think he'll show her off well.

Lauren Steadman & AJ Pritchard
Lauren seemed to be hidden in the background of the group numbers, so it's hard to say if she'll be any good, although she has done salsa dancing as a hobby so perhaps not a complete novice. AJ has done well the last couple of years, and seems to be building up a fan base. They could do well.

Stacey Dooley & Kevin Clifton
They clearly wanted to be partnered together, so that's a good start. They seem to have a bit of chemistry. I'm not sure how well Stacey can dance, but Kevin always seems to get the best from his partners regardless of their ability. I think they'll go quite far.

Ashley Roberts & Pasha Kovalev
Team AshPash should be unstoppable. She's the biggest ringer in the competition. He is the master of presenting a partner, and one of the least selfish male pros on the dancefloor. If they don't make the final, it will be because she is too good from day one.

Seann Walsh & Katya Jones
Seann was clearly the weakest male celebrity in the competition. He cannot dance. But Katya made a dancer out of Ed Balls, so maybe she can make a dancer out of Seann.

Charles Venn & Karen Clifton
Charles was the surprise of the night for me. He looked really good in the group number. Karen has arguably never had a partner as strong as Charles. She's possibly done better in the past than she should have when you look at the list of her past partners. I think she has a genuine chance this year.

Graeme Swann & Oti Mabuse
Graeme also surprised me last night. He looked as though he might do well. In my opinion, Oti is one of the strongest choreographers among the pros. I think that will make them a good team.

I think Ashley and Charles will be the strongest dancers. I think Joe will probably outstay his welcome because of the votes he'll get. I think Susannah and Seann will be out quite early.

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing Kate, Danny, Faye and Charles on the floor. I think Vick might be one to watch too.

A lot has been made about the quality of the celebrities this year, but looking back on last night's show, I think there is a diverse mix of abilities and personalities. I can't wait to see what happens in two weeks' time. Bring on the dancing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home