Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Regent Street Festival

We went to the Regent Street Festival yesterday. They close the road, and have stalls, acts and a stage.

This year the theme was Spain! We got a few yummy Spanish treats to try. The place was rammed. I don't think I've ever seen Regent Street that busy, even around Christmas!

The thing that attracted me to go was the promise of a couple of live sets which we'd seen on a programme we were given on Saturday afternoon.

First up was Nerina Pallot. She sang five songs, including Everybody's Gone To War. It was a fantastic set. Nerina is annoyingly talented - she sings, writes, plays guitar, plays piano. She was so good.



And secondly, there was Paolo Nutini. He also did a five-song set, which included Last Reqest. He was very good, although it appeared that he may have been enjoying the San Miguel before he took to the stage. He's Scottish and his accent really came through while he was singing, which I hadn't noticed on the single. He did a good set. I was pleased I went along.



We then went on to the taping of today's The Sharon Osbourne Show.

I thought it was a bit of a snooze-fest, although that might be because the guests were Denise van Outen (who I'd seen on The Charlotte Church Show last week, as well as spotting her with David Walliams at the BBC on Saturday (they were also recording the Little Britain Christmas Special)) and Lemar (who had been the musical guest on Maria on Saturday). It might also be because I was so tired after Saturday night at G-A-Y.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home