Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Go Green With Tesco!

For some while now I have been confusing supermarket cashiers with the phrase "Don't worry about a bag". This phrase is usually met with blank looks, or a confused expression and the question "What??". "I don't need a bag, I have one". The cashiers in central London are the worst of all. They seem to think I need a full-size carrier bag for a half-litre bottle of Diet Coke!

So I was delighted when Mum informed me that Tesco are now offering extra Clubcard points to green consumers. As of yesterday, you now get one Clubcard point for every bag you re-use. And they don't have to be Tesco carrier bags - they will give you the points on any supermarket carrier.

I think this is fantastic news. It's great to see a supermarket encouraging re-use. I can remember when Sainsbury's used to give you 1p per carrier back, but those days are long behind us. Many, many moons ago, supermarkets used to charge for carrier bags. That would really encourage re-use.

Well done Tesco. I just hope the blank looks stop...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home