Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Thursday, August 12, 2021

More Celebrities Join Strictly Lineup

I'm struggling to keep up with all the new celebrities joining Strictly. There have been six more added since Tuesday!

First up is BBC Breakfast's Dan Walker. Unlike its ITV counterpart, the BBC Breakfast crew has generally done quite well on Strictly. The show has produced three winners. I have no idea if Dan will be any good, but he's on TV every day so the 'brand recognition' won't do him any harm. I certainly don't think he'll be first out.

According to The Sun, former Coronation Street actor Katie McGlynn used to date Giovanni Pernice. I haven't watched Corrie in decades, and I'm not familiar with Katie from any of her other work. Opinions won't be formed until she hits the floor.

This year's youngster is Tilly Ramsay. She is a chef and presenter. If you're not familiar with Tilly, you will probably have heard of her father Gordon. I hope she doesn't share his penchant for sweariness! Again, I am not personally familiar with her, but I look forward to seeing what she can do.


Twitter lit up at the news that actor Greg Wise was joining the Strictly lineup. So I feel a bit out of a heathen admitting that I don't actually know who he is. I don't think I've ever seen anything he has appeared in. I didn't even know he was married to Emma Thompson. Now I know how the people who have never watched Peep Show must feel...

I'm back on safer ground with Nina Wadia. I'm old enough to remember her from Goodness Gracious Me, long before she headed to Albert Square. She is an accomplished actor, but can she dance? She's always come across as quite a fun-loving person, so I think she'll be great to watch in any case.

The final announcement for now is actor Rose Ayling-Ellis, best known for her role as Frankie in EastEnders. Not being an EastEnders viewer, I did not know that Rose is deaf. While a first for Strictly, Dancing With The Stars in the US has previously had two deaf competitors. Watching the clip of her chatting to Emma Barton, you can't help but smile. She's really looking forward to taking to the floor, and I'm excited to watch her.

Phew! That's it for now. Assuming we are having 15 celebrities in 2021, there are only three more to be announced...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home