Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Wednesday, August 04, 2021

First Three 2021 Celebrities Announced

Series 19. I can barely believe it. The first three celebrities were revealed on The One Show this evening. Seems really early, but I guess they are aiming to return to a full compliment of celebrities this year.

First up is McFly guitarist Tom Fletcher. Tom was regularly seen in the studio during Harry Judd's run to the trophy, and I'm almost surprised that it's taken them this long to get him on the show. Logic would say he will have a bit of rhythm as he's a musician, but there's more to dancing than just staying in time with the music. He's pretty popular, and I think he could do quite well.

Celebrity No. 2 is comedian and actor Robert Webb. I'm quite excited about this announcement. I love That Mitchell & Webb Look and Peep Show. I also loved Robert's performance on Let's Dance For Comic Relief in 2009. He'll have to take Strictly a bit more seriously if he wants to do well in the competition, but if he's not afraid of a leotard, he's never going to be afraid of a few sequins*.

*I know they use Swarovski crystals, not sequins. Don't @ me.

If you don't remember that winning performance, here's a reminder:

The last of today's announcements was presenter AJ Odudu. AJ is one of those people that I have seen as a guest on loads of shows (Would I Lie To You?, House of Games, The Last Leg), but I'm not actually sure where she started out. Helpfully, the internet tells me it was Big Brother's Bit On The Side. Most recently, she was the winner of Celebrity Karaoke Club, so has a reality show win to her name already. It was difficult to tell from that show if she is a mover, but she is going to look sensational in the costumes!

The next celebrity will be announced on the Radio 2 Breakfast Show tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home