Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sunday Service: Week 4

No themes for this week. Just dancing.

Joe tried really hard to get the cha cha hip action, but it didn't come. Everything else about the routine was pretty good. He got all of the steps and he led Dianne well. He certainly knows his choreography. It's was just all a bit forgettable. 

Vick & Graziano's quickstep was a joy. It was light and energetic. Vick's lines are pretty nice. A little bit of gapping in places, but nothing major. Their best dance so far.

Danny & Amy's Viennese waltz was packed with content, which was great to see. He needs to watch his footwork, as he missed a few heel leads. His fleckerl was a bit unclear, and was verging on standing spin. He feels the music. One of Danny's best dances in my opinion, it was less spikey than other routines have been.

Faye & Giovanni's rumba was well executed, but it lacked a bit of chemistry for me. The choreography was good, and she performed well, but there was something missing. Faye hits some beautiful shapes. There was a lovely moment where she glanced over her shoulder at him, but that was the only electric moment in the dance.

There was something so charming about Gorka & Katie's jive, I was grinning throughout. There were timing issues throughout. Gorka obviously realised that she could do a back-rock chasse just about in time, and filled the whole routine with them. The flicks needed pointed toes. Her best dance so far for me. Their chemistry was all there, too.

There is no question that Charles is a good dancer, but none of the styles he has done so far have suited him. I didn't really like the salsa. The routine lacked classic salsa content for me. Charles performed well, bit it needed to be lower in the knees and more hips. I'm not sure why he and Karen keep missing the mark.

There was a little timing issue at the top of Lauren & AJ's quickstep. It was a lovely routine, though. Lauren definitely is a better ballroom dancer than latin dancer. She needs to watch her left elbow which sinks a lot. But it was a good attempt. I'd love to see it again done correctly, but not in the dance off.

Ranj needs to work on his acting skills. There were a couple of points where he forgot about his character and started to smile. There were some nice lines in places, but the transitions were a bit ploddy. Good choreography from Janette. There was nothing really wrong with it. I just didn't feel that it was Ranj's dance.

I don't the the samba was Kate's dance. It started of well, with gorgeous hip action on her lock steps. But after that, they vanished. There was no hip action in any of the rest of the dance. There were a couple of moments where she seemed to be looking to Aljaž for inspiration or reassurance. Africa, though. Tune!

Graeme & Oti's jive was energetic and fun. Graeme could have got more up on the ball of his feet, and he could have pointed his toes more, but otherwise it was great. Good timing. Good energy. Lots of performance value.

I didn't really know what to make of Ashley & Pasha's tango. It left me a bit cold. It was all very well performed. It just didn't move me. On to next week.

Everyone was waiting for Seann & Katya. Their Charleston was very ambitious, and it didn't really come off. The lifts were very laboured. There wasn't enough swivvel. I'd love to see it with everything performed correctly. It was as if they were a bit distracted, and didn't have enough time for training this week...

I enjoyed Stacey & Kevin's foxtrot more than any other dance they have performed. I was a bit annoyed by the dance break in the middle, because I wanted to see more of Stacey's very good foxtrot. It was the first time we've really seen Stacey in hold, and I want to see more.

No-one really stood out for me this week. Everything was a bit middle of the road. I liked Vick and I liked Danny.

I know Katie is the weakest dancer. Last week I would have happily seen them leave. This week, I'm more reluctant to see them in the dance-off. I think Kate was pretty weak this week, but I don't think she deserves to go home either. I would have put money on Charles to do well after I saw him in the launch show, but he just hasn't hit his stride. I think he'd be the one to go.

Have the public been voting for Seann? I guess we'll find out tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home