Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Second Participant Confirmed - Judy Murray

Judy Murray has been confirmed as the second participant (I refuse to say celebrity) to be confirmed for Series 12 of Strictly Come Dancing.

Judy, famous for little other than being the mother of tennis star Andy Murray, is a former tennis player herself, once being ranked eighth in the UK.

It's no secret that Judy is a fan of Strictly, and therefore she is excited about being a part of the show. She said: “I'm a huge Strictly Come Dancing fan but a total armchair dancer. It's going to be a big challenge for me and for whoever has to dance with me but I absolutely can't wait to get started!"

Judy Murray














As you may have picked up from the tone of this post, I am not especially excited about this announcement. Simply being the mother of someone famous and a fan of the show should not be enough to get you on the series.

This is nothing against Judy herself. I'm sure she is lovely, and I'm sure she will embrace everything that Strictly represents. But I believe that participants should at least have some degree of celebrity based on something they have done themselves. This is Strictly, not Celebrity Big Brother! Are they really having so much trouble signing up celebrities that they have to resort to celebrities' mothers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home