Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Strictly Ovation Tops Six Nations Win

Gavin Henson has said that getting a standing ovation on Strictly Come Dancing was better than winning the Six Nations with Wales.

Speaking about his Strictly experience, Gavin told the Evening Standard:Strictly Come Dancing was not something I was looking to do,” he insists. “When I was first approached, I said no' straight away. I was looking to get back into rugby. But no rugby club came in for me. I needed to earn. I had no money. I had not earned any money since April 2009. I did not do any singing when I was a kid and I like cheesy 80s music, not Strictly music. It was such hard work to learn dancing, eight hours a day, with four days to learn a dance. The most nerve-wracking thing was dancing in front of a live audience with 13 million watching on television. Yes, I've played rugby before much bigger live audiences but I have done it all my life, it comes naturally. Strictly was so far out of my comfort zone. But, I proved everyone wrong. Before it started I was written off by friends and family. They said, 'You cannot dance. You will be out in the first week'. Then to score a nine and judges saying, 'You can dance'. To get a standing ovation and to get to the semi-finals was a great feeling. It tops any rugby moment, even winning the Six Nations.”

Chatting a friend about this story, she concluded that perhaps the reason Gavin enjoyed the Strictly adoration so much was because he didn't have to share it with anyone. Winning the Six Nations was a team effort, and not all about Gavin. I'm very inclined to agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home