Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kylie Won't Join Strictly Panel

Strictly producers approached Kylie Minogue to join the judging panel, but she refused out of loyality to her sister.

Kylie did not want to go head-to-head with Dannii and The X Factor. She told The People: "I know about this Strictly thing, the problem is that I cant go against my sister Dannii. I know some people would love it to happen but I just cant do it. It would be unfair on her because it would be like I was deliberately going up against her as a direct rival. But its flattering if Im being thought of for a show like that anyway."

I love Kylie, and having her on Strictly would have been quite a coup. But the show doesn't need to resort to sensationalism. The Aleseha/Arlene backlash proved that the public value knowledge and experience.

I find the producers' recent obsession with chasing and emulating The X Factor really demoralising. I choose to watch Strictly because it isn't over the top and drawn out (at least, it never used to be). It's great entertainment. I don't need big stars to take part. Former participants who were well regarded in their world have become household names through Strictly. Some of the best participants have been those who we had to Google to find out who the heck they were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home