Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Patrick Swayze

I couldn't let the day end without mentioning how sad I was to hear about the passing of Patrick Swayze.

Patrick, as Johnny Castle in Dirty Dancing, inspired a generation of kids like me. We all aspired to dance like Johnny and his Kellerman's colleagues. I remember seeing Dirty Dancing on VHS in the early 1990s and being totally blown away by the dancing, even if I didn't fully understand the more adult themes.

I was lucky enough to see Patrick perform in Guys & Dolls in the West End three years back. It was amazing to look up at the stage and think 'That's Johnny Castle!'. It's a memory I will cherish. And we say him at the stage door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home