Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Lesson 7

I'm doomed to a life of foxtrot.

Yes, it was more of the same last night. Basic foxtrot. Then we had a decent go at the jive. I actually properly learned the whip (instead of being asked "Have you done the whip, yet? Oh, well you just did"). It was great. Although I was dancing with a guy who had an intimacy issue. I hate these married helpers. Don't they get that it's just dancing? It will be a better experience all round if you hold me close.

The helper asked me if I go to the social dances. I would love to, but without a partner or even any friends at the school, I'd feel like a bit of a loser.

If anyone knows where one can find a decent partner, let me know. Most sites I've seen are for more experienced dancers, or competitive dancers. I just want to find a like-minded chap for learning and social dancing. But he must be able to dance a bit. I don't want to shuffle around like some of the couples in the class. You learn better if the man can actually move his feet and lead. And he must not have dance-ralated intimacy issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home