Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Service: Week 3

My overwhelming thought from last night was how odd the song choices for the tango were. Most of them didn't sit well with me at all. They lacked the drama needed.

First up were Gabby & James. I thought Gabby did well. Her jive was light and bouncy. She was let down by her timing, an issue which I never imagined she would have.

Gethin & Camilla's tango was controlled and well-placed, but lacked a bit of drama. I love Gold, it's a fantastic song, and if you ever see me on a night out, I have always picked up on the song's drama. However, in my opinion, it just didn't have the right drive for tango. Gethin, to give him his dues, performed the choreography very well.

The judges made a lot of excuses for Penny with her long limbs. Ian used the jive he'd originally choreographed for Mica last year, but didn't get to perform. I didn't like the long intro (15 bars seemed a little excessive), but once they got going it was fine. Penny's feet were actually OK, it was her arms that looked odd. It's something I'm always unsure of, too. What should your arms be doing on the jive? Ian seemed relieved that the jive was now over. Penny should get through, and they need not have to worry about it again.

Kenny & Ola's tango was much improved from the waltz. Kenny looked a lot more confident than he has in the last two weeks. He still has things to work on, but it was a good attempt.

Matt's footwork was pretty good, although he did lose it in one place. But Flavia has to work on his performance. He still doesn't look like he's enjoying himself.

Kate is the most frustrating person in the competition. She needs some self-belief. I've been really surprised by her lack of confidence. She's gorgeous and engaging, but that just doesn't come across on the dance floor. As the judges said, she had the footwork, but she was just empty. It's so sad. She is sexy and fabulous. If only she would believe it. And Anton seems to be working hard to try and convince her, but it falls on deaf ears. They also had one of the better music choices with They. Kate needs to watch her balance at times.

Dominic & Lilia gave another strong performance. Lilia's choreography again played to Dominic's cheeky strength and energy. But I'm now itching to see him take on something more serious. He has to be doing ballroom next.

Material Girl was a very odd choice for Letitia & Darren's tango, and it didn't really work for me. However, Letitia did a much better job than last week. She looked a lot more confident in the safety of the tango hold. But she still doesn't fully extend her arms and legs enough.

John & Nicole did a fantastic job on the jive. I agreed with the judges that he needs to stand straighter, and he can be a little flat footed, but he has bags of energy and is very pleasant to watch. Like Dom, I'm now very interested to see him do ballroom.

I was so pleased that Erin went for a more traditional tango, dancing to Obertura. Willie's footwork is very good. Of course, he needs to work on his posture, and he had virtually no head movement, but he's giving it a pretty good go. I do worry about what the latin dances will bring.

Alesha is a bundle of energy, and proves that taller people can do the jive without too much bother. She had really fantastic control of her legs and feet. Again, I can't wait to see how she'll be when Matthew has her in a ballroom hold.

Despite an odd music choice, Kelly & Brendan did a fantastic job. Kelly is so graceful, and it was a lovely routine. I especially liked the leg flicks. He work is neat, well presented and a joy to watch.

Who would my bottom two be? It's so hard to choose. Probably Letitia & Darren, but I'm not sure who else.

Here are the videos...

Gabby & James



Gethin & Camilla



Kenny & Ola



Matt & Flavia



Kate & Anton



Dominic & Lilia



Letitia & Darren



John & Nicole



Willie & Erin



Alesha & Matthew



Kelly & Brendan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home