Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Derek's Diary

Have you ever wondered what it's like to be the partner of a Strictly participant?

Kate Garraway's husband Derek has been keeping a diary for the Daily Mail, and now you can read his thoughts.

I love what Derek's best friend said as soon as he heard: "Is it true that Kate's doing Strictly? It's our favourite show. Can you get us tickets." I'll bet every friend, relative and postman has said that at some point.

He gives us an insight into the clothes: "Kate's been told that if she wants to keep one [of her dresses] she has to pay around £1,000. I wonder what happens to the others? Maybe there's a charity shop somewhere crammed from floor to ceiling with ballgowns and sparkly shirts." Find me that shop!!

And he reveals the insecurity that all partners must feel: "I suddenly realise that she's going to have a man pressed up against her for the next umpteen weeks.

"So tonight when Kate gets in the bath, I go online and check out this Anton Du Beke character, hoping he might be gay. Damn, he's straight. Mercifully though, his partner is a dancer on the show, too.

"Then Henry calls.

"I confess my concerns but tell him I've discovered that Anton has a partner. "Ah," he replies carefully, "Well actually, Erin is his stage partner, he's single". "

It's worth reading the whole article. It's pretty revealing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home