Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

New Lesson 1

I joined a new class on Tuesday which runs in my local area.

Although billed as a beginners class, it seems to be quite a well-established class. It seemed to be pitched about right for my level, although I might fall down when we do quickstep!

We started with waltz. I danced with one of the class helpers. We worked around the floor, and I was actually able to follow his lead. It was so cool. I'd never really experienced that before in waltz. We just kept going, and I didn't have to think at all. It was great. It made me realise that perhaps I have learned more in Anton's classes than I realised.

We then moved on to cha cha. It was quite a long amalgamation, but I think it went well. I found it slightly odd that the whole class seemed to start on count 1. On a cha cha?? But I just went with the flow. Probably not good to ask too many questions on my first night. I need to learn how to let someone else lead me in a cha cha without knowing what comes next...

Finally, we learned a sequence dance called Balmoral Blues. Part of the reason I was attracted to the school was the fact that they teach sequence, which I am becoming increasingly interested in.

The school is primarily a social dance school, although they are starting to offer IDTA medal tests, which suits me. I like to take exams! I hope that I can get to know a few people, and perhaps attend their socials.

All in all, I feel pretty positive about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home