Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Eurovision Dance Contest

It's very hard for me to make any judgement about the Eurovision Dance Contest.

I watched it without sound on a handheld TV outside a bar by the river Rhein in Boppard, Germany.


Look! It's Claudia Winkleman on German TV station ARD1! I'm sure she was saying something really interesting, but I'll never know...

I watched Brendan & Camilla's rumba this afternoon, and I think it's beautiful. Viewers outside the UK probably did not understand the significance of this dance, and the music - The Way We Were. It was a beautiful dance, with breathtaking complexity. I always say about Strictly that it's very hard to sell the rumba to an audience. Although this rumba was about as packed and as visually stimulating as I've ever seen. The pros can effortlessly sell rumba.

Some of the second round routines were very complex and it was great to watch. Of course, I have no idea what anyone danced to. Though technically fantastic, Brendan & Camilla's dance did not have the 'spectacle' that some of the other couples had, and they had a wee wardrobe malfunction in the middle. However, their performance was very good. I loved the lift in the middle, and Camilla's turns are to die for.

I don't think they deserved to come second from bottom, especially after that rumba.

I could barely read the scores on my TV, so I have no idea if the voting followed the typical politics of the Song Contest.

If, like me, you didn't see the EDC with sound, or you missed it completely, here are Brendan & Camilla's performances.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home