Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Darcey Departs

Dame Darcey Bussell will not be returning as a judge on Strictly this year.

Dame Darcey has been part of the show for seven years, but wants to devote more time to other projects.

In a BBC press release yesterday, she said: "I am not leaving because of any upset or disagreement at all, I am just stepping away to give more focus to my many other commitments in dance, after seven truly wonderful years that I can’t imagine having gone any better. I know I will miss being part of this unique show and the fact that it celebrates dance is something I am so passionate about. I hope that I may be very lucky to be asked back again one day."

This will spark speculation about a replacement. Personally, I can't see it being someone from the Latin and Ballroom world, because that is Shirley's role. There has only ever been one speciallist on the panel.

I'd like to see another dancer or choreographer with no previous Strictly connection. Someone like Kate Prince of ZooNation (who is probably far too busy) or Matthew Bourne (likewise).

Interesting times ahead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home