Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Countdown To The Glitterball...

The final is only two days away, and after spending some time chatting to Chris Evans, the final four couples are in the BBC Radio Theatre to meet the nation's press.

All of them look relaxed and at ease, especially Stacey, who has one foot resting on the edge of the coffee table in front. She looks as though she is sitting in a six form common room, reclined and relaxed with her mates.

She tells Scott Mills that she feels calm. "I want [Saturday] to feel like a massive party, like we've had such an incredible couple of months, all of us. So I sort of want us to come together, collectively, and celebrate."

Many have wondered if Kevin Clifton might depart at the end of the series, especially if he and Stacey walk away with the glitterball, but that might not be the case: "I've fallen in love with dance, and fallen in love with Strictly all over again. I've really, really enjoyed this series."






Scott asks Ashley how she's managed to say motivated despite being in three dance-offs: "The first two times in the dance-off, I was like 'OK, that's a bit of a bummer', but Monday hits, it's a new week, it's a fresh start, and you get in and you get focused. By the third time I just looked at Pash and was like 'Alright, honey, shall we give them a little show, 'cause we here?' The amazing thing though is that we did have to battle up to get to the final, but I'm so grateful to be here. I can't wait to just go out there with these fabulous people and just enjoy it."

Stacey is happy to have skipped it: "I never wanted to be in a dance-off, absolutely not. There are so many people who would have thrown us out if we'd been dancing against them. The idea that people at home are on your team and are picking up the phone, you don't take that for granted. That's been a highlight for me."

Of the final four, Faye is the one who has suffered the most injures. She's fine now, but it's been a grueling series: "I don't know if it's because I am particularly clumsy, or because I bruise like a peach. Who knows?"







Joe is aware that his casting was a surprise to many, but now he gets stopped in the streets more by older people who have seen him in Strictly than people who have seen his YouTube videos. He's also proud of the reaction from his followers: "I've had so many messages from younger guys, saying 'I would never normally think about doing dance, but from watching you on Strictly I can see you're having so much fun, and you've kind of made it 'cool''". Joe claims he isn't actually 'cool', but hearing that guys have started going to dance lessons with their girlfriends because of him is pretty special.

Joe's followers are not the only ones who have been inspired by dance. Stacey admits to watching old Shirley Ballas videos on YouTube in breaks between rehearsals.

When asked about plans for next year, an at-ease Stacey is the one with a wisecrack: "I have to take into consideration that Strictly are probably going to ask me to be a professional next year, so from September until December I'll be wrapped up with that."

If Alesha can be a judge, why can't Stacey be a pro?

Find out who will raise the glitterball tonight at 6.30pm on BBC One.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home