Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Book Review: Strictly Come Dancing Annual 2019

I always think that I can't possibly learn anything from the Strictly Come Dancing Annual, and every year I am proved wrong.

Of course, the annual has interviews and profiles of the presenters, judges, celebrities and pro dancers. But it's the articles in between which interest me the most.

This year there is a profile of the main Strictly singers - Tommy, Lance, Andrea and Hayley - who give an insight into how they choose who sings what, how the learn the tracks, how they care for their voices and some memorable moments on the show.

There is a 'day in the life' profile of Executive Producer Louise Rainbow. She explains how each Saturday night runs from her perspective. Related to that is an explanation of how dances go from concept to the dancefloor. For example, props constructed for a couple who are eliminated before they get to use them might be re-purposed for another routine. And I didn't know that Jason Gilkison or someone from his team visit ever couple each week to see how things are going and relay key information to the sudio team.

My favourite article this year was an interview with the show's theme tune composers. Who would have thought that that little tune would mean so much to millions of viewers every Saturday night? I even have that tune as my ringtone. My proudest achievement years ago was composing the theme myself on my Nokia in the days before polyphonics!

Not to be missed are the pros' baby photos. Can you guess who they all are? Some are tricky, but Pasha has not changed a jot.

The Strictly Annual is a sure fire Christmas present hit.

Disclosure: Thank you to the nice folks at Penguin Random House for supplying a copy of the annual for me to review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home