Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Next! Mel Giedroyc

TV presenter Mel Giedroyc has revealed she turned down Strictly Come Dancing because she feels she's not quite ready to be the comical contestant.

Speaking to the Radio Times, Mel said: “I was asked and I said no. I love watching it so much, I almost didn’t want to spoil the pleasure by being on it. And it’s tricky for a woman moving into middle age. You’re not the comedy old bag yet, which would be the joy of going on Strictly. If I did it, I’d want to be Ann Widdecombe. I’d want to be out there getting the laughs, being dragged around.”

Mel settled for presenting the Strictly tour in 2016 instead. Mel's only 48 - maybe we'll see her in a few years' time. I'm sure she'd be better than she thinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home