Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Children In Need Special Announced

As announced earlier in the week on It Takes Two, four Team GB Olympians will be battling it out for your donations on Children In Need night.

Helen Glover MBE won rowing golds in London and Rio in the coxless pairs with partner Heather Stanning. She will dance with Pasha KovalevHeather might be able to pick up some tips at home, as she is married to former Strictly participant Steve Backshall.

Heather said: “I've always supported Children in Need and this year I'm definitely out of my comfort zone! It's an amazing opportunity to try something fun and new after the pressures of the Rio Olympics!"

Hollie Webb won gold in Rio as part of the women's field hockey team, scoring the winning penalty. She will be partnered with Neil Jones.

Hollie said: “I was absolutely overjoyed when I took the call about the Strictly Children in Need Special, but then a minute later I wondered what I’d let myself in for! First and foremost, it’s for a wonderful cause, and I was honoured to be asked, I really was. Most of all, I hope to proudly represent BBC Children in Need, Team GB and my sport. Myself and my family are massive Strictly fans and we can’t wait!”

Joe Clarke won gold in Rio in the K-1 slalom canoeing. Janette Manrara with guide him though the Strictly course.

Joe said: “My mum has always been a big fan of the show and watches it every week, so when I won the gold medal she said, you need to make sure you get on Strictly, so when I got asked to be on the show it was an honour and something I couldn't miss and raising money in the process makes it all the more worthwhile.”

Completing the lineup is Lutalo Muhammad, who won silver in Rio in the -80kg taekwondo event. Lutalo will perform with Karen Clifton.

He said: “I am so excited and I can't wait to strut my stuff and hopefully show off some fighting moves.”

The Children In Need Strictly Special will form part of the annual BBC Children In Need night on 18th November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home