Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Celebrity No. 5: Katie Derham

Without any ceremony, the fifth Strictly celebrity was announced in the small hours of Saturday morning - Katie Derham.

Katie has in recent times presented the BBC's Proms coverage, as well as a show on BBC Radio 3. She is also been a newscaster with the BBC and ITN.

Katie said: "Strictly Come Dancing is a national treasure, and I'm extremely excited to be part of such a wonderful show. I spend hours admiring professional musicians and performers at the Proms and at BBC Radio 3, so I'm thrilled to have the chance to throw myself into an equally demanding and beautiful world. It will be a totally new experience for me, and I can't wait to get going.”

I have no idea if Katie will be able to dance, but I look forward to seeing her on the show.

I can't help wondering why the announcement was so quiet. All the other stars to date were announced on the big BBC shows - The One Show, BBC Breakfast and the Chris Evans Breakfast Show. Katie's announcement slipped out overnight in a press release. I am not sure why she didn't get the fanfare that the others were afforded.

The next announcement will be tomorrow morning (Tuesday 18th) on BBC Breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home