Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Celebrities No 2 & 3: Ainsley Harriott & Kellie Bright

The second and third celebrities for Strictly 2015 have been announced in the last 24 hours.

The second is celebrity chef Ainsley Harriott.

Ainsley said: “I must admit that I do love to dance, but doing it in front of the nation is a whole different matter! In my day job the only type of Salsa I know about is the one in my recipes so I am looking forward to rising to the challenge, bring it on!”

I think Ainsley will be great. He's got lots of energy, he's not afraid to use his body and he'll be willing to get stuck in. I can't wait to see how he gets on.

If you don't believe me, here is a clip of Ainsley busting out some moves at the Good Food & Wine Show last year.





The third celebrity is EastEnders actress Kellie Bright. If you're as old as me, you might remember Kellie from The Upper Hand. She has also appeared in Bad Girls.

Kellie said: “There are two main reasons I want to take part in this year’s Strictly Come Dancing. The first is that as I will be turning 40 next year, I think it is the perfect time for a new, exciting challenge. The second reason is because if I said ‘no’ Linda Carter [her EastEnders character] would never forgive me!”

Kellie attended Sylvia Young Theatre School, so it's likely would have had some dance lessons as a child. She commented to Chris Evans that she will continue working on EastEnders while competing on Strictly. If she does well, that could include some challenging Christmas storylines. Matt Di Angelo, Sarah Manners and Scott Maslen all had challenging soap workloads while being in the competition, so it will be interesting to see how Kellie copes.

The next celebrity will be announced tomorrow (Thursday 12th August) on BBC Breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home