Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Sunday Service: Week 5

I had a different perspective this week, since I was in the studio! The atomsphere in the studio is amazing, and it means you can look at whatever you want, not just what the camera shows. I'm sorry to say that no-one blew me away...

Kimberley & Pasta Pasha kicked things off with the salsa. It was competent and sexy, but not amazing. There was some nice armography, and there was pleanty of routine to look at. But no x-factor. The lift was very good, though, and shows the trust between the pair.

I didn't like the music choice for Lisa & Robin's tango. The interesting thing was that during the VT, you could see Lisa trying to focus, and she did a good job considering how much she was laughing in the video. The routine was very good, and Lisa executed it pretty well. She needs more attack and her head needs to be sharper. It was also a shame she lost character right at the end when Robin sat back on the chair.

The majority of Richard & Erin's foxtrot was good, but when Richard lost it, he properly went to bits. It was such a shame because it was going so well. Richard has been steadily improving, and it was a shame to see it all undone in an instant.

I think Denise & James were one of the best of the night for me. Denise delivers time and again and the Viennese waltz was no exception. The thing I noticed (actually on a Len's Lens clip) is how amazing she is at spotting on her turns. It's pro-like. And any couple which does a fleckerl should get extra marks.

I can completely understand why Brendan is getting so frustrated with Victoria, I am too. She needs to accept that perhaps she is not perfect at dancing, and she has to live with it. I want to see her stop worry, let go and actually enjoy herself. I loved Brendan's choreography. It's so nice to see samba rolls! Victoria got through the routine, as she has all the others, but she needs to start performing. She needs to take some tips from Lisa and lose her inhibitions. It's like watching Natasha all over again...

Louis is still a bit too cool for school for me. The samba with Flavia was well-executed and clean, but it didn't make me want to party. Nice natural rolls, though. Louis still makes weird undulations with his hands. I'm with Darcey on this one. You cannot deny that he has lots of dance talent, but like Victoria, I think he needs to let go a bit more. He is not inhibited like she is, but he clearly wants to maintain his image. He's The Fonz of Strictly. Those who know me, may have noticed me being a sheep and joining the standing ovation. I succumbed to peer pressure, and I still feel dirty now.

Colin & Kristina's foxtrot was clean and competent. I liked that Kristina incorporated Colin's strong kicks. Who knew he could do that? I agree with Len that perhaps he could have glided more, but it was a good performance.

I had to agree with Craig about Nicky & Karen's rumba. It was pose, pose, pose and not much else. I thought the chemistry was quite nice, and Nicky tried really hard. Nicky is in danger of being left behind the rest of the field.

Was Fern dancing? I only noticed Artem... I didn't like the way Fern lifted her skirt up and down - it was a bit Knees Up Mother Brown as my former dance teacher would say. Fern had the attitude of the paso in her mind, but it didn't transfer to the floor. I would like more strength and attack. It was a bit soft and ploddy.

I can't help thinking that Michael & Natalie's ballroom is being overmarked. Their foxtrot was pleasent, but I can't help thinking that it is Natalie who is keeping him on time. Take her away and I'm not sure how he'd get on. Salsa next week? That could be interesting.

Dani & Vincent's jive was brilliant. It was clean, preceise and neat. Dani totally captured the style of the jive perfectly. A totally a deserved 9 from Len. The most impressive thing was that none of the judges mentioned how much it suits smaller people!

I am not going to talk about the bottom two, as I already know the result.

Here are the videos...

Kimberley & Pasha



Lisa & Robin



Richard & Erin



Denise & James



Victoria & Brendan



Louis & Flavia



Colin & Kristina



Nicky & Karen



Fern & Artem



Michael & Natalie



Dani & Vincent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home