Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Service: Week 4

I'm finally able to write my thoughts on the show before I've seen the result! Normal Sunday Service has resumed.

So Dani & Vincent kicked off Saturday night with their cha cha. I really liked the routine, and it had loads of basic cha cha content. Dani performed well. She could have smiled more, her legs were a bit bent - especially at the start of the routine - and she needs to make sure she closes her feet together every time. She's still a pleasure to watch.

I loved the mood of Richard & Erin's paso. It was clear that Richard had worked hard on the routine, and on his facial expression. He tried well with the cape at the beginning. However, it wasn't as strong and driven as it could have been. Richard needs to keep his shoulders down when he's getting his anger on. Wonderful choreography from Erin.

I felt a sense of deja vous watching Lisa & Robin's Charlston. I feel like I've seen it all before. Lisa is very good at the arms and face, but he legs let her down. She needs to make more of the Charleston steps, and lift her legs more. It was a bit listless downstairs.

I really wanted to like Sid & Ola's cha cha, but it wasn't danced that well. He looked nervous, maybe the change of partner spooked him this week. In past weeks he looked to be enjoying the dancing. This week he didn't - although he did comment earlier in the week that he didn't like the song. Maybe that was part of it.

The tango was Nicky's best dance so far. He got really into the character of the dance. It was very clean, although Len was right that he was a bit stompy, and Craig was right about his posture. Karen needs to make sure Nicky pulls his shoulders back.

I thought Fern & Artem's American smooth was just OK. The lifts were very nice. I liked Bruno's description - beige.

I loved Denise & James' cha cha routine. The characterisation was brilliant. It was crisp and neat. I didn't think Denise's legs were as bad as the judges made out.

Who did Natalie dance with this week? It was a completely different Michael. There was only one section near the beginning where he went off time. It was a big improvement. A very enjoyable quickstep. Natalie has done a fantastic job. Being in the dance-off obviously motivated him.

Another big improvement. Victoria & Brendan's tango was driven and well performed. Improved spins too. She could have used her head better, but that would be the only criticism. Len is right, though. Victoria needs to have more faith in herself.

Colin & Kristina's routine was nice, but it wasn't hot enough for a salsa for me. It was all a bit clean, almost cha cha-like. I found myself watching Kristina and almost forgot about looking at Colin.

I really liked Louis & Flavia's tango. It was strong and driven, although it could have been even more so. The hold could have been tighter. I loved the little almost-bite in the middle. Great choreography.

Kimberley & Pasha's paso was lovely. Kimberley's arms were well shaped. It was hard to find fault in her dancing.

I think there is no doubt that Sid should be in the bottom two, unless the public take pity on him. It just wasn't his week. It's hard to pick someone else to be with him. Maybe Fern. Maybe Colin. I wasn't in to his performance this week. And unless Sid really pulls it out of the bag in the dance-off, it could well be him that goes home.

Videos to follow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home