Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Chat With The Pros

The Daily Mail recently caught up with some of the Strictly pros.

If you read between all the horrible tabloid muckiness, there are some interesting quotes.

Ian says: "When Jade started, she was convinced she would be voted off early because she wasn't famous enough. I told her not to forget that most Strictly viewers didn't know who Alesha was when she first joined the show as a celebrity dancer."

Matthew didn't know who Alesha was: "I looked at her and thought, "Young, pretty, that's a good start", but, in terms of whether she would be popular with viewers, I had no idea. What happened was really interesting. Within the first few shows, she was a real favourite. As long as the celebrity is nice, and not arrogant, they will always be given a chance."

Erin says you don't always get what you're expecting when you get given your celebrity: "I thought [Julian] was going to be bitchy and difficult, and I assumed that the producers had put us together because we'd hate each other, and it would make for great TV. But he was the warmest, kindest man you could hope to meet, and he's become a great friend."

Kristina was hoping for better things from Joe: "I was disappointed, yes. He was more nervous than I have ever seen anyone in all my years of teaching and competition. I wondered how I was going to get him on the stage. I kept saying to him, "But Joe, how did you fight? How did you get up there in front of thousands of people and give that sort of performance?" He could never explain what was different."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home