Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Strictly To Get Younger And Sexier?

The Sun reports that BBC bosses want to make Strictly Come Dancing more like it's transatlantic cousin, with younger dances and raunchier routines.

A source told the paper: “No one could ever say Strictly is not a huge hit. We can’t compete with the Americans’ massive budget, but we realise the dancers are younger and sexier. Strictly goes head to head with The X Factor, which has a lot of young viewers. We want to steal some of their 16-23 audience.”

I'm sorry if I missing something, but I don't really understand why Strictly needs to attract 16-24s. ITV1 needs that audience. They are attractive to advertisers which means ITV can rake in the advertising revenue. But BBC1 is supposed to be providing a public service, and is happily serving 7m+ members of the public each week during Strictly's run.

Personally, while I enjoy Dancing With The Stars, I do find that it's all style over substance. I like having pros of all ages too. There is a lot to be said for experience on the dancefloor.

I've said it before, but if it ain't broke...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home