Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Service: Week Nine

I have to write my thoughts early this week, so here goes...

I love Jodie & Ian, but I think I was watching a different dance than the judges. Jodie made heaps of mistakes throughout the quickstep, and it was not her best work. I am a little flumoxed by the judges marks. I think they might have been at the wine cellar before the show...

Lisa & Brendan had a good go at the samba. It was never going to be a great dance for Lisa, and she did a good job. I do wish the judges wouldn't bicker and would give each other a chance to talk. Samba rolls are very difficult, and Lisa did a good job.

Christine & Matthew are always at home with ballroom, and See The Day is a fantastic track. The waltz was very good. It is getting more and more difficult to seperate the couples.

Cherie & James' cha cha was not as good as the judges marked, in my opinion. The embarassing older lady was creeping back onto the floor. This was miles better than the car crash of the salsa, but Cherie is starting to look like a one trick pony and not the all rounder that a Strictly champion should be.

Austin & Erin did an excellent tango to traditional music. It was the best dance of the night in my opinion. It was sharp and engaging. Austin is starting to look like a winner.

Again, I was watching a different show than the judges. While Rachel & Vincent's rumba was technically great once again, I did not buy their relationship. I thought they were over-marked a little. Four nines in my opinion.

John & Kristina had their best week. Which usually means you're heading for the door. I loved the choreography, especially the running splits. There is something engaging about John when he dances, but like Cherie, he can only do ballroom.

Tom & Camilla did a brilliant job with the salsa. It was hot, hot, hot. Tom always turns it on and looks like a final contender.

It's so hard to choose a bottom two now. Perhaps Jodie & Ian. And surely it has to be John & Kristina - but they did have a good week. This has to be the closest series ever!

Here are the videos...

Jodie & Ian



Lisa & Brendan



Christine & Matthew



Cherie & James



Austin & Erin



Rachel & Vincent



John & Kristina



Tom & Camilla

2 Comments:

  • At 11:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thank you for your website. Being abroad and wishing to catch up your blog provides a wonderful service as BBC stuff can not be accessed abroad. Please however can you also do a video of the results and dance offs? THank you.

     
  • At 7:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jodie and Ian did not make loads of mistakes! What were you watching? I thought she was undermarked yet again. I'm glad to see Cherie go - her latin dances were ALL painful to watch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home