Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Christmas Special

Winning the quiz meant that I secured a pair of tickets for the Strictly Christmas Special.

It was recorded on a Monday afternoon, and becuase we had production guest tickets, we didn't have to be there all day to make sure we got in.

I was extra excited, becuase I knew that Zoe was going to dance with Ian again.

Louisa had been knocked out on the previous Saturday, and Vincent was working the studio queue, canvassing for votes. I told him that I didn't think he and Louisa should have been knocked out. He said "Now you have the chance to vote for us again". It was so sweet that he was trying to make Louisa feel better in this way. I bet she has no idea he was doing that.



At first, our seats were at the back, but once it was nearly full we managed to find a better seat, on the second row in front of the floor.

I spent ages scanning the floor, seeing who else was in the audience. Nicholas and Spoony were there, as well as Norman Cook and Gloria Hunniford. There were some of the pros too - Camilla, Nicole and Matthew.

The first thing recorded was Marti Pellow's performance of Luck Be A Lady, with Vincent, Flavia, Anton and Erin dancing in front. It was a brilliant routine, and funny too. They did two takes, so we got to enjoy it twice!

After that, Bruce came out to do his little warm-up. He usually sings a song, and grabs someone from the audience to dance with during the instrumental. This time, he grabbed Camilla. I understood why when I saw the final, as Bruce danced with the female pros.

Then we were off. The judges were extra-nice to all the contestants. There were no Scrooges here!

Although I was sad that Zoe and Ian didn't win, Colin and Erin were worthy winners. I was pleased for them. They came so close to winning last year, and their quickstep was excellent.

The highlight for me was Zoe and Ian's rumba. I was so pleased to see Zoe and Ian dancing together once again. I was so gutted that I wasn't in the audience when Zoe joined the pros samba demo during the series, but this totally made up for that. I was surprised that they did a rumba, as it's very difficult to sell to the audience. But it was lovely, and of course, it got my vote.



It was interesting that the top two couples in the Christmas special were both from last year. Was the standard higher last year? In my opinion, it was.

I caught up with Ian after the recording for "Oh no! Not another photo!". I did promise him it would be the last one.



I had a fantastic time at the Christmas special. It was a bonus that I was not expecting. I'm very grateful to everyone at It
Takes Two
and the BBC who organised for us to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home