Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Monday, January 08, 2007

The Quiz!

As many of you know, I was honoured to be invited to participate in a Celebrity Fans vs. Forum Fans quiz on It Takes Two before Christmas.

Now that it has been broadcast, I can say a bit more about my day and what happened.

When I arrived at the studios, I was taken to a room which had lots of people popping in and out. I met the researcher who had been talking to me on the phone, and met various other people who worked on the show. I was soon joined by the lovely Aquapana, who was to be my team-mate for the quiz.

We were sequestered for ages in this room, as the production team didn't want to risk us meeting the mystery guests.

We were briefed on the format of the quiz and what the rounds would be. I started to wonder if I really knew enough to be there.

After what felt like a lifetime, we were taken into the studio. I had been in the studio last year to be in the ITT audience, so it wasn't a big shock to be in there again. We were greeted by Michael Ball, who was opinting at us and chanting "You're going down!", and Pauline Quirke. I wasn't at all surprised that this duo would be our opposition.

We were mic-ed up (no Mark & Karen style incidents!) and finally got to sit on the sofa, which is softer than it appears!

Then it was pretty much straight into the quiz.

The quiz went like a blur and was over far too quickly. The "Mystery Guest" round was easily my favourite part. I will admit that I thought we got the easier one, and presented with Ola, I probably would have guessed Lilia!

I was absoultely gobsmacked when I discovered that the prize would be a pair of tickets for the Christmas special. I was even more determind to win. And thankfully, the recording was before my holiday so I was able to attend. If they'd have said the prize was tickets for the final I would have been stuffed. It could have been an expensive flight home from my holidays.

I was delighted to win the quiz. It was quite frustrating at times, as I often felt I knew their answers but not my own. But between us, we did enough to win. Here is the final edit, in case you missed it.



My arm ached for days after ringing that bell so hard!

After the show, I managed to grab Ola for a quick photo.



I had actually met Craig outside the BBC on the Saturday before the taping, as I'd been there to see the main show. We had a picture taken, but he had been on the other side of the gates (I think it looks like Craig is in prison).



So I asked if I could have a proper one. Craig suggested that we take a dancing pose, and I'm glad we did. This is now one of my all-time favourite Strictly photos.



After the recording, we were able to stay and watch that day's show go out live. It had the Friday Panel - Arlene, Pauline, Linda Robson and Jamelia - and Matt & Lilia.

I'm so blessed to have taken part in my favourite show, and I hope everyone enjoyed watching it half as much as I enjoyed participating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home