Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Monday, July 31, 2006

DDR With The Stars?

I'm sure most people will have heard of Dancing With The Stars, the US version of Strictly.

And most people are familiar with Dance Dance Revolution (DDR), those dance machines that live in arcades across the world.

Well, now DDR-maker Konami is trying to get a pilot of the ground, which has a working title of DDR With The Stars. A celebrity is teamed with a pro-DDR player to compete against other celebrities. Sounds good in principle, but I'm not sure it would make good telly.

That said, I watched a very interesting documentary on BBC Three on Saturday all about a couple of British competitive DDR players. Welcome To My World: Lord Of The Dance Machine followed the players and their quest to win.

I can't get the hang of those things myself. I find them very frustrating, and I can't survive beyond "Beginner" level. Twenty-two years of dancing, and I can't get past Beginner? It's almost as annoying as ice skating...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home