Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Three More Celebrities Announced

Another three celebrities were anounced for Strictly Come Dancing 2020 this morning.

ITN journalist Ranvir Singh was the first announced on this morning's Good Morning Britain, for whom she is the political editor. I'm not much of an ITV viewer, so I am less familiar with their presenters than those on the BBC. I'm not familiar with Ranvir. News presenters are always a bit of an unknown quantity. Some have been great (Susanna) some not so much (Fiona).

Next up is Radio 1 DJ Clara Amfo, who popped in to the Radio 1 Breakfast show to tell Greg James the news. I don't listen to Radio 1, but I do know who Clara is through her appearances on other shows. She was on House of Games not that long ago. Like news presenters, DJs have been a bit hit (Gemma, Zoe) and miss (sorry, Scott). 

Finally, Olympic gold medal-wining boxer Nicola Adams was announced this morning. Nicola will be half of Strictly's first same-sex pairing. Speaking to Louise and Charlie on BBC Breakfast she said: "They wanted to know if I wanted to be on the show, and I said 'Yeah, I'll do it, but I want to dance with another female dance partner'". I've always liked Nicola. She has a winning smile and bring so much energy to everything she does. I think she's going to be great for everyone to get to know her outside of sport.

More announcements will be coming soon, including one on the Radio 2 breakfast show tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home