Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Tuesday, September 01, 2020

The First Three Celebrities Of 2020

The first three celebrities for this year's Strictly Come Dancing were announced on The One Show this evening.

There seems to be quite a lot of apathy toward Strictly among my peers, and it seems to be increasing each year. But given what a horror 2020 has been so far, I can't wait for a bit of escapism. Saturday nights, albeit fewer of them, filled with sparkles and music (but hopefully no props!) is what the nation needs right now.

So the first celebrity is actor Caroline Quentin. Caroline is probably best known for her roles in Men Behaving Badly and Jonathan Creek. She admitted on The One Show that she did dance classes in her childhood and into her teens. She attended Arts Ed in Tring, a noted performing arts school, but mostly focused on acting in her professional career. Given the pandemic, I suspect 60 year-old Caroline could easily be this year's oldest participant.

Next up is the BBC's NFL presenter, and former player, Jason Bell. I know a lot of people won't be familiar with Jason, but as a big NFL fan I am really excited to see Jason in the line-up. He's a really charismatic chap, and I think he'll be a joy to watch. I look forward to the nation getting to know him.



The final celebrity announced tonight was Max George, who was a member of boy band The Wanted, alongside former Strictly champion Jay McGuinnes. To be honest, I was on safer gound with Caroline and Jason. P
ost-millennium boy bands are not a strong subject for me. One would assume that as musical performer, he would at least have a sense of rhythm, but I've been burned by that assumption before.

I can't wait to hear the rest of the line-up. It's a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home