Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Friday, March 06, 2020

Kevin Clifton Announces Strictly Departure

Kevin Clifton took to Twitter this afternoon to announce his decision to leave Strictly Come Dancing.

Kevin, who has been with the programme since Series 11 in 2013, won the glitterball in 2018 with now girlfriend Stacey Dooley, having been runner-up on four previous occasions. Last year, he and Anneka Rice were the first ones to leave the competition.

He posted:



I can completely understand Kevin's decision. As he states in his tweetm, he's achieved pretty much everything that is possible on the show.

He can now devote more time to other projects. After touring with musical Rock of Ages last year, he recently completed a successful run as the lead in The Wedding Singer in London. I saw the show, and I thought it was the perfect part for him.

He's also touring with Burn The Floor this spring and has his own podcast - The Kevin Clifton Show. If you listen to the podcast, you'll know just how busy Kevin is, and freeing up four months of his year will inevitably alleviate some of the pressure. I fully expect to see him in 'Choreography Corner' on It Takes Two.

I wonder if he'll grow his hair long again now...

I think Kellie Bright was my favourite of his partners, and in my opinion, they should have won it. Here is their Star Wars themed Charleston:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home