Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Next! Eamonn Holmes...

This Morning presenter Eamonn Holmes has revealed that he has been asked to take part in Strictly, but turned it down.

Speaking to OK! online, he said: "I have been asked to do it, but I’m not confident with my hips. It’s not for me. I’ve got rhythm, but I don’t have coordination. I think that’s fair enough"

Rumours about Eamonn and his wife, presenter Ruth Langsford, have been doing the rounds for more than two years.

Ruth, on the other hand, is desperate to participate, but says she has not been asked. She told the Daily Express last last year: “I’m still desperate to do Strictly but they’ve never asked me. Eamonn’s been asked more than once!”

I think Ruth would be great, especially when she's so keen, although I suspect that the producers are looking for that 'couple' angle again, and won't invite her unless Eamonn signs up. I think that's a shame.

Congratulations Anton & Hannah!

Congratulations to Anton du Beke and his partner Hannah, who have recently tied the knot.

The pair were spotted at the Chelsea Flower Show wearing rings, and a spokesperson confirmed to the Daily Mail that they have married .

I'm so pleased for Anton. He is one of the nicest guys on Strictly. Congratulations, Anton!

Can't believe the Mail described it as getting married in "secret", though. Just because they didn't broadcast the news didn't mean it was a secret. Anton is quite private, and has never spoken about this personal relationships. He doesn't post every detail of his life to Instagram. I totally respect that, and wish the tabloids would too.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Dame Joan Collins Denies Strictly Rumours

Dame Joan Collins has denied rumours that she has been approached to take part in Strictly.

She tweeted that the rumours were 'fake news'.
The Sun reported earlier this week that producers were keen to sign her up.

A source told the paper: “She’d bring plenty of glitz and old-school glamour to the dance floor, and she’s full of energy. She’d be a real draw with older viewers too. The bosses are going all out to get her to sign up.”

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

CONFIRMED: Shirley Ballas Is Head Judge

After months of speculation, the BBC have announced that Shirley Ballas will be the new head judge on Strictly Come Dancing.

In the press release, Shirley said: "I am so excited and over the moon to have been given this wonderful opportunity. I can't wait to get in to the ballroom and be part of the incredible and respected judging panel. Strictly is so loved by the British public, I have always been a massive fan. I just can't wait!"

Shirley will join existing judges Craig Revel Horwood, Bruno Tonioli and Darcey Bussell, making the panel gender-balanced for the first time.

If you want to see a clip of Shirley from her dancing days, here she is performing the samba with partner Corky Ballas from the 1994 UK Open.

Monday, May 08, 2017

Emilia Fox: "I'm Not Sure I'd Survive"

Silent Witness actress Emilia Fox says she would like to take part in Strictly, but is concerned nerves would get the better of her.

TellyMix reports that Emilia told OK! magazine: "I would love to do Strictly Come Dancing. It would be amazing learning a new skill. I'd just be terrified I would suffer from nerves. I'm such a sensitive creature, I'm not sure I'd survive."

Ellie Downie Would Like To Do Strictly

Gymnast Ellie Downie would like to go on Strictly.

Asked by Newsround if she would follow her Team GB colleague Claudia Fragapane onto the show, she replied "Yeah, if I got asked to".

Friday, May 05, 2017

Natalie Quits Strictly

Natalie Lowe has revealed that she will not be returning to Strictly Come Dancing this autumn.

The Sun reports that Natalie told the Press Association: “This was a very difficult decision for me not to accept the invitation to appear on this season of Strictly Come Dancing. It is with a very heavy heart that I have arrived at this decision. I’ll be forever grateful for the amazing time, opportunities and memories that Strictly has created for me. My time on the programme has been everything that I dreamed it would be and more. From the friendships I developed, the amazing dances I was able to perform in and the experiences that Strictly provided, it has been an incredible and extraordinary adventure.”

I'll be sorry to see Natalie depart. She is a patient and dedicated teacher who has the ability to tailor her routines to her partner. It's a shame, but I respect her decision.

All the new dancers are starting to make me feel old. The first batch of dancers were all around my age. Now they are getting younger and younger, and I'm not.

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Shirley Ballas Tipped For Judge Role

Just when you think there can't be any more names in the frame for Len's job on Strictly, the tabloids come up with someone else.

The Sun has reported that Shirley Ballas has had a second audition for the role, after impressing producers with her screen test last week.

Shirley is well-known and respected on the ballroom circuit. She won multiple Latin titles with partner and ex-husband Corky Ballas. She has also coached dancers, including Derek Hough and Julianne Hough, and her own son Mark. She has been a guest judge on Dancing With The Stars in the US.

A source told the paper: “They are definitely interested in Shirley and she’s the only one they’ve wanted to have another look at, which has to be a good sign. She has a ballroom background, like Len, and BBC chiefs are keen to appoint another woman soon now that the audition list has got out. No decision has been made though yet as there’s still some who want a show favourite to land the role for the fans and keep continuity.”

I'd be happy as Shirley as a judge. She has the experience, and comes from the ballroom and latin world.