Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

From Jungle To Jive

Conservative MP Nadine Dorries, who was suspended after she took part in I'm A Celebrity..., has said that she would like to take part in Strictly.

BBC News reports that Dorries would like to do more TV: "I definitely would do more reality stuff. My constituents absolutely love it, because they've got someone of their own, who they see in Tesco, on there... I'd love to do Strictly Come Dancing - who knows?"

Friday, June 14, 2013

Flavia's iPod

Want an insight into Flavia's music tastes? Now you can have one, because the Daily Express has asked her for her top 6 albums of all time.

It's not surprising Buble is in there. Flavia says: "Michael does a lot of foxtrot and quickstep type songs and it is more easy listening for me. I find it quite restful – I can have it on in the background and not think too much."

Read the article to find out what else makes her bop...

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Top Hat And Kane

Comedian Russell Kane has revealed that he would like to do Strictly Come Dancing, but maybe not this year.

The Irish Independent reports that Russell told Nick Grimshaw on Radio 1:  "I don't know if I would do it this year just because I've got so much going on - not that they've called me. But I think I can see myself calling them and begging them in a few years."

I would love to see Russell do it. His performance of Beyonce's Single Ladies on Let's Dance was simply brilliant, and he would be so much fun.

Go on BBC, make the call.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Two JLS Boys For Strictly?

Could two of the JLS boys be battling on the dancefloor this year? The Daily Star reports that producers are trying to sign up two members of the band to create greater competition.

A source told the paper: “They’re prepared to ask the boys to name their price. They think any one of them would bring loads of young, female viewers to the show, and help it continue to trounce The X Factor. They also think having two of the lads would add an extra element of competition, which would be even better.”

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Great British Dance Off

Paul Hollywood could be switching the Great British Bake Off for the dance off. According to The People, Strictly producers are keen to sign him up.

A source told the paper:Strictly are desperate to get him on the show and the BBC think it will be a really good move. Paul has been telling his friends how keen he is to get involved. He watches it all the time and wanted to go on it last year. He has had a lot on his mind and is throwing himself into different projects. It depends on schedules. He is busy filming Bake Off, which starts in August, and is keen to sign on the dotted line."

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Strictly Hunting For Treasure?

Are Strictly producers planning to challenge Anneka? According to the Daily Star, former Treasure Hunt star Anneka Rice is top of their hit list, which also includes Dick and Dom and Diane Youdale (aka Jet from The Gladiators).

I think Anneka would be great. She's got lots of personality, and it would be great to see her back on TV. And we know she likes a challenge...

More Olympians For Strictly?

The BBC are looking to invite more Olympians onto the show this year, and are looking to gold medallist Jessica Ennis. And Jessica is keen to participate.

Jessica told The Sun: “I’m a big fan of Strictly and I thought Louis [Smith] did amazingly well. I’d love to do it but think when it came to dancing live on TV I’d be terrified and probably rubbish. I like to believe I’ve got some sort of rhythm but I think learning a completely new set of skills and doing the dances would be incredibly difficult and a real challenge but it would be one I’d enjoy."

Pro Changes For 2013

The BBC have announced four changes to the Strictly pro line-up for 2013.

We will be saying goodbye to Erin Boag, Aliona Vilani and Vincent Simone & Flavia Cacace.

Erin is saying goodbye after 10 series. She wrote on her blog: "After ten wonderful years, and with a truly heavy heart, I have decided to decline the BBC's very kind offer to compete again in series eleven, and have withdrawn from being a competitive dancer on Strictly Come Dancing. It's been a very hard decision to make, but it's time for a change and to focus my attention on new challenges. That said, it's not necessarily farewell to Strictly, as I do hope to continue being a part of the show."

Vincent & Flavia have particitated in the show for seven series. In an email message to fans, Flavia wrote: "After an incredible and unforgettable 2012 on Strictly Come Dancing for both Vincent and I, we have decided we won't be partnering a celebrity on this year's show. However we look forward to continuing to perform on our favourite show and remain a part of the family, hopefully including partnering a celebrity in the christmas special.  We feel it’s the right time to invest in our dancing knowledge and become better at what we do and keep providing our audiences and supporters with continued excitement through our dancing. Aside from hopefully performing on Strictly we have lots of new projects ahead which we are very much looking forward to working on.... We came to our decision earlier in the year and we would like to thank the BBC for their understanding and support."

Aliona leaves after just three series. Her departure wasn't quite as amicable as the others'. She stated on Twitter: "I feel I should make it clear that I haven't left, it was definitely not my decision and choice to leave Strictly, lets see what happens... To those of you who are asking "WHY?" I'm leaving Strictly and asking me to stay and come back - I'll just repeat...it's not up to me guys!.."

All of this means we will be staying hello to four new dancers in 2013.

Viewers will already be familiar with Iveta Lukosiute - she stepped in to partner Johnny Ball in the last series when Aliona was injured. She was also part of the last Strictly tour, and made it very clear that she would like to be invited back as a full-time pro.

American Janette Manrara is currently in Burn The Floor in the West End, and like many of the other pros, she is a veteran of the US version of So You Think You Can Dance.



Brit Emma Slater has performed on tour with Anton & Erin and Darren & Lilia. She has also toured with Burn The Floor.



The new boy on the block is Slovinian Aljaž Skorjanec. Like Emma, he has been in the touring company of Burn The Floor.

It's always hard to say goodbye to the pros (well, OK, maybe not Jared), but it's also good to have fresh blood. They don't all work out (Jared again. And Hayley), but some become part of the furniture. It's almost had to remember a time without pros like Kristina or Robin. The newbies will take the pro total to 37!