Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Service: Week 6

We're now down to the Top 10, and with a place at Wembley up for grabs the celebrities had to bring on their A-game. Sadly, not everyone did...

Denise & James were amazing, as always. Their paso had strength and attack. Denise has such wonderful turns. She coped very well, considering that Denise had to switch from dancing with Ian Waite back to James again. She has a lovely, hips forward and strong. Brilliant.

Richard & Erin had a couple of little timing incidents, but otherwise their Charleston was a cheeky, cute routine. It had lots of energy, although Richard needs to make sure he sustains that throughout the dance and not tail off toward the end.

Louis & Flavia's waltz routine was lovely and well-performed. There was perhaps a tiny timing issue when they first got into hold, but otherwise it was excellent. I know Louis is great, but I just can't get excited about him.

I thought Fern was totally out of her depth with the salsa. I just didn't see what the judges saw in her and Artem's routine. I think they may have been watching a different dance to me. I thought it was frantic and messy. It was like she'd had one too many at a party. I didn't like it at all.

Back to ballroom and a much better performance from Victoria & Brendan. Victoria does lose posture from time to time. The foxtrot was pretty good, but Victoria will be left behind the others if she doesn't take a confidence pill soon.

Dani & Vincent's tango was fantastic. It was strong and passionate. The routine was packed with steps, which were all well-performed. It was very crisp and sharp. A good job.

I lived the open and close of Nicky & Karen's foxtrot with the mic. It was really dynamic. But I thought everything went a bit flat when they got into hold. It was pleasent enough, but lacked the dynamism of the beginning and end. We need more of Nicky's personality during the dance. It was a bit careful.

Kimberley & Pasha's Viennese waltz was lovely. There were a few hops in the attitude turn, but that was the only bad point. It was floaty and romantic.

The lifts in Michael & Natalie's salsa were exciting, especially the second one. But that was the only nice part. Michael's timing issues persist. There was a major mistake which even seemed to throw Natalie. I really didn't like it, and I thought the judges were very kind to him. It was tragic.

Lisa & Robin's foxtrot was full-on glam. If I'm honest, while I loved the opening side-by-side sequence, I really felt that it didn't need to be there. We've seen it all before. But the whole routine was fun and jolly. Lisa did a really nice job, and her had work is paying off. I hope she continues to work this hard.

Here are the videos...

Denise & James



Richard & Erin



Louis & Flavia



Fern & Artem



Victoria & Brendan



Dani & Vincent



Nicky & Karen



Kimberley & Pasha



Michael & Natalie



Lisa & Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home