Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday Musings: Christmas Special

Another year. Another Christmas special.

Ricky & Natalie's quickstep was lovely. They covered the floor really well. I loved the samba section, it gave the dance a fresh feel. It was also great to see them do new choreography, as in the past the couples have performed their dances from the series set to new music.

Austin & Erin's paso was excellent. Austin was strong and commanding. The whole thing was very dramatic, and I loved the choreography. It was like Austin had never been away from the floor. I thought the pre-dance section was very good (which the BBC have omitted from their YouTube recording).

Ali & Brian's Viennese waltz was lovely, but the more American smooth section was not as good. They missed hands in one place, and Ali stumbled a little. I thought it was pleasant, but not Ali's best performance, and I was surprised to see it get 40.

Gethin & Flavia danced together during last year's Strictly tour, so they already have a rapport. I thought Flavia's American smooth choreography was wonderful. The whole performance was charming and glamorous. Gethin had great facial expression. He smiled all the way through, and so did I.

Rachel & Vincent's rumba was very slick. It was passionate and intense. The choreography was a little too similar to their series rumba for my liking though. I thought they could have done more, as they would have had more time to train than this year's participants who probably only had a day.

Like Craig, I enjoyed Chris & Ola's foxtrot, despite it not being perfect. You could see Chris was relaxed and had taken his foot off the gas. He seemed to be enjoying the experience now that the pressure was off.

I was surprised that Ali had won. Christmas special audiences are usually out to right wrongs, and I thought that Austin or Gethin would lift the Christmas trophy. Maybe they felt that giving it to Ali & Brian was righting a wrong. I don't know.

Here are the videos...

Ricky & Natalie



Austin & Erin



Ali & Brian



Gethin & Flavia



Rachel & Vincent



Chris & Ola

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home