Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Alesha Speaks Out

Alesha Dixon has spoken out about the criticism against her judging skills and credentials.

She told The Mirror: “Obviously Arlene was a big part of the show for a long time. But my job is not to replace Arlene. My job is to provide a perspective that was maybe missing before and that is the understanding of the performance aspects and of just how tough it is to perform to the standards the viewers expect. Having been through the Strictly experience I can relate to what they are going through.”

I don't think anyone disputes that Alesha understands what they're going through, but that still doesn't mean she makes a good judge. Does appearing on Popstars: The Rivals mean Cheryl Cole brings an added perspective to the singing corner (I have no idea, I don't watch it, but please comment if you have an opinion)?

Alesha's not letting public opinion nudge her out: “I am not a quitter. It’s not in my nature to consider quitting. We are just starting on a long road and I know I can help make the path smoother for some of the celebs.”

Although Darryn Lyons' gossip website MrPaparazzi implies that Alesha was not as confident in her abilities as she might let on to the tabloids. An audience mole told the website: "When the dancers were being interviewed backstage the panel were off-camera. Alesha turned around in her chair between almost every dance and asked her family their view. We could see her mouthing, 'What do you think?' then asking for a thumbs-up or thumbs-down. I also heard her asking Bruno what he thought several times."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home