Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Interview With A Legend

BBC Norfolk recently sat down with Britian's biggest ballroom legend - Peggy Spencer MBE.

Peggy was a big part of Come Dancing, without which there may never have been Strictly Come Dancing.

Peggy started teaching dance during the war, and lead teams of formation dancers on Come Dancing from 1949.

Like much of Britain, she was sad to see Come Dancing's demise: "I did everything I could to get it back. I went to the head of the BBC, but as far as he was concerned, dancing wasn't on the agenda."

Address the hate mail to Alan Yentob, who was in charge of the decision...

Despite being very happy to hear about Strictly, she declined to be a part of the new show: "I was thrilled when I had a call from some producers who were going to bring back Come Dancing with a difference. They asked if I wanted to take part and help present it - I refused. I felt old and said they should get someone younger, much more alive and appealing than me."

Do go and read the whole article. It's a great interview with a true ballroom legend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home