Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Alesha Defends Herself Again

Alesha has spoken out against criticism again, this time to the Radio Times.

She's been defending her judging credentials: "I spent six years singing with Mis-Teeq, and another four as a solo artist where I had to pick my own dancers and audition them. Also, having competed on the show, I'll be the only judge who understands what the celebrities are going through. Unless you've walked in those shoes you'll never know how demanding it is."

As opposed to Arlene who has only spent the best part of 40 years auditioning dancers...

But I do feel bad for Alesha. She's been put in a position that's not really of her own making, and I suppose she just has to make the best of it.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:05 am, Anonymous Gerard said…

    I slightly disagree with you Louise - I think Alesha is talking up her experience in this particular area, because her comments don't reflect her expertise.

    And you don't hear Cheryl Cole banging on about how she was once on a reality show so she knows how the contestants feel.

    But more than anything else, since winning Strictly, Alesha has been everywhere - overexposed in the Mylene Klass sense of the word - and I suspect that she's been accepting just about any gig she's been offered. I'm sure the Strictly judge gig looked like a great idea, but it's clearly not right for her. I'd have preferred a three-judge panel!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home