Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Medal Class 1

I started medal classes this week, replacing my previous Tuesday class.

Each week I shall do an hour of bronze latin, followed by an hour of bronze ballroom.

In latin, we started with some hip movement and latin walks. The teacher looks odd when she does them, so how I'm supposed to get them right I don't know. This is definatly a small-town school, and not on the level of the beautiful hip action that Kimberly and Tamara have attempted to teach on Mondays.

I have BIG issues with the teacher's ability to count latin too. She has everyone stepping back on count 1, yet she calls it count 2. Calling a count '2', does not make it count 2 if, in fact, it is actully count 1. And she says 4 1 to a 3& count! The 'helper' I was dancing with thought I was crazy when I mentioned it. I'm waiting for the latin speciallist helper to return so I can take it up with him. There is no was I am prepared to lose marks becuase the teacher can't teach the correct counts, and if it means not taking latin medals then that's the way it will be. The rest of the class is probably not experienced/musical enough to know it's incorrect.

The ballroom class was very small, as a large amount of the school took bronze a month or so ago. People don't need quite so much help with ballroom technique, as it seems to come a bit more naturally.

She says we're going to do the exam in March. So why the Hell we've started classes already I have no idea. I'll be knocking my head against a brick wall by Christmas, I think!

Still, my options appear to be quite limited due to location. If I'm going to get my medals this way, then I guess this is the way it will have to be. But I'm not happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home