Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Simply Magical!

On Thursday night I went to see Simply Ballroom again.

The last time I saw it was in London, and Anton & Erin were special guests. This time it was in Canterbury and it was even more special.

Anton & Erin were dancing again, but not just with each other. Lesley Garrett joined Anton and Erin took Julian Clary for a spin around the floor. The two guests assisted Anton & Erin with hosting duties too.

The performance was being recorded for a forthcoming DVD, which made the show run like a TV recording. For example, Anton & Erin had to perform their opening routine again because of a technical problem. Not that I minded, of course! There were other points in the show that were done more than once.

I thoroughly enjoyed the performance. Lesley & Anton my all-time favourite Strictly partnership, and it was a thrill to see them perform together, Lesley’s enthusiasm for dance is infectious, even more than three years later.

I don’t want to say too much about the content of the show, because I don’t want to spoil it for those who want to buy the DVD. But I will say that it was a bit different from the production I saw in London. There was less chat with the dancers, and less description of the origins of each dance. But there was more banter with the four stars and more insight into their Strictly partnerships.

After the show, we went to the stage door. Anton & Erin popped out to see everyone. They both seemed thrilled to see so many familiar faces waiting for them.







Julian (and Valerie) and Lesley also took time to sign everyone’s books and pose for pics. I had organised Good Luck cards from the users of the Anton & Erin Forum, and both had received them. Lesley especially said how lovely everyone’s messages were. She seemed really touched that we’d sent it.










It was great to see birthday girl Laura, Nicola and Andrea again. And I finally got to meet Bev, too.



I have no idea when the DVD is due for release, but I would imagine it’ll be out in time for Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home