Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Judges To Dance With Celebrities

According to Craig Revel Horwood, the judges will dance with the celebrities this year, in a new twist to Strictly Come Dancing.

The Daily Mirror reports that Craig broke the news on This Morning, stating: "This year is going to be very interesting because like Australia... the judges will be dancing. I don't know that Shirley Ballas knows that yet but she will be. We dance with the contestants, you put yourself on the line, so to speak. I did it in Australia and I absolutely loved it, it was great, with Courtney Act, which was absolutely fantastic. I loved it, to come into the room, to choreograph, to actually create an entire scenario and star in it yourself. And be judged, that is sort of the big thing. But I loved that, I thought it was really great fun. And I'm up for anything."

I really like this idea. I loved seeing the judges dance on tour this year, and would love to see them in competition. I think Shirley especially would be great. She's a born competitor, after all.

It will be a lot of pressure for whomever is the new judge, though. Which makes me think that they must have recruited someone pretty experienced.


In the Australian competition, this was done with six couples remaining. Two couples each teamed up with a judge and performed a group routine. Here is Craig's routine with drag queen Courtney Act & Josh Keefe and kids' TV presenter Jimmy Rees & Alexandra Vladimirov.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home