Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Christmas Special Lineup Revealed

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

The Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special lineup has been revealed, and it's an interesting mix.

The famous five couples are:
Former boxing champion Barry McGuigan & Erin Boag
Comedy actress Su Pollard & Anton Du Beke
Blue's Simon Webbe & Katya Virshilas
Impressionist Debra Stephenson & Ian Waite
EastEnders actress Charlie Brooks & Vincent Simone

Simon's doing it for his Mum. He said: "Strictly Come Dancing is one of my mum's favourite shows. It's always nice to learn something new, the dancing part of my brain is dormant and I want to wake it up. I also want to wear something tight and sparkly!”

And Charlie is doing it her her daughter: “I’m a massive fan of the series and there’s no way my daughter would have let me turn down such an amazing opportunity to be on the show. I love to be challenged and I’m really looking forward to taking to the dance floor with Vincent.”

I have to say that I like this line-up. There's something for everyone, young and old, which is perfect for Christmas day.

It's also great to see Ian Waite taking to the floor once again. He should do well with Debra, who made it to the final of Let's Dance For Sport Relief in 2010, and did very well with a complex Smooth Criminal routine.



Su has also shown her moves on TV before. Check out this clip from Loose Women...



Natually, Simon has done a lot of dancing over the years, so it will be insteresting to see how he does with a ballroom or latin dance.

Charlie went to Arts Ed, so it's likely that she will have had some dance training during her school days.

Barry is the one the Strictly experience will be most alien for, at least on paper. Let's hope he's an Audley and not a Joe...

The Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special will be on BBC One and BBC One HD on Christmas Day. It's as smooth as brandy butter, but zero calories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home