Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday Service: Week 12 - The Final (Part 1)

OK, here we go. The final.

I don't usually do this, but I have decided to blog between shows to talk about the first round.

Matt & Aliona's samba was the same standard as before. Matt performed very well. I wasn't too fussed about it the first time, and I'm still not. However, Matt gave the performance anything. Good, but not showstopping.

Matt & Aliona's showdance was everything you would expect. It was packed full of lifts and acrobatics. Matt gave it everything. I loved all the side-by-side stuff. They were so in sync. But there wasn't enough dance content. Aliona tried too hard with the choreography all through the series, and the showdance was no exception.

If it was possible, I think Kara & Artem's rumba was better than last week. Her arms were neater on the turns and there were no stumbles. It was one of the best dances of the series, and I am so glad we got to see it again.

It's a shame that not everything in Kara & Artem's showdance came off. They missed the lift from the salsa routine, which is one of the most stunning lifts we've seen on Strictly. The ending was late too. The lifts were lovely, but the bits in between were a bit naff. I'm surprised, because I think Artem has been one of the best choreographers of the series. This was pretty disappointing.

Pamela & James' Viennese waltz was just as perfect as before. It was a wonderful performance.

Pamela & James' showdance was never going to be as spectacular as the other two, because it was never going to have all the acrobatics. I was a bit disappointed that James picked The Time Of My Life, which Natasha & Brendan used for their showdance in Series 1. The dance was what you would expect. Lots of ballroom dancing.

I want to see Pamela and Kara go through to the final two. They totally have the edge over Matt for me, and have done all series.

Here are the videos...

Matt & Aliona - samba



Matt & Aliona - showdance



Kara & Artem - rumba



Kara & Artem - showdance



Pamela & James - Viennese waltz



Pamela & James - showdance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home