Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Strictly: The Pairings

We now know who will be dancing with who. Here are my first impressions of the couplings.

Alex Scott & Neil Jones - I think Alex will be up for giving everything ago, and I can't wait to see what Neil can do choreographically. I like this pairing.

Anneka Rice & Kevin Clifton - Kevin finally won it last year, so he wasn't going to get a dead cert partner. I think Anneka will work hard, and Kevin has the sort of patient bedside manner, especially that he can now put that competitive streak aside, that I think Anneka will respond to.

Catherine Tyldesley & Johannes Radebe - I don't have any strong opinions about Catherine, but I really like Johannes and I'm excited to have him in the competition. I think if Catherine has any sort of ability, these two will be exciting to watch.

Emma Barton & Anton du Beke - Everyone thought Anton would get Anneka, so it was a surprise that he was put with Emma. I think they will get on well and will turn out some lovely ballroom, but as usual, it will be a latin let-down.

Emma Waymouth & Aljaž Škorjanec - Emma is an unknown for most people, so being paired with a fan favourite like Aljaž won't do her any harm. Emma caught my eye in the group number, so I think this could be a couple to watch.

Michelle Visage & Giovanni Pernice - I'm excited to have Michelle in the competition, but I'm not sure how I feel about this pairing. Giovanni has done really well with a mix of partners so I think it'll be fine. I'm just not sure about chemistry.

Saffron Barker & AJ Pritchard - So AJ gets the young, short one again. They look good together, and I think they will go quite far if she has the ability.

Chris Ramsey & Karen Hauer - I like this pairing. Karen not Clifton has done well with some 'fun' partners in the past (I'm thinking Jeremy, Dave), and I think she'll be well matched with Chris. I'm not expecting them to do that well, but I think they'll make a good team.

David James & Nadiya Bychkova - This has to be couple most likely to go out first. David was hidden in the shadows of the group number, implying that he's not very strong. Nadiya didn't seem to be the most popular pro on social media last year. I think the combination of inability and lack of popularity will send David off for an early bath.

Dev Griffin & Diane Buswell - Dev was noticeably one of the best celebrities in the group number, and thanks to Joe Sugg, Diane is one of the most popular pros on social media. I think they'll go really far.

James Cracknell & Luba Mushtuk - James perhaps should have been in the shadows with David. What I saw was not impressive. Luba is well-liked, so that might buy him some extra time, but I don't think he'll get much further than David.

Karim Zeroaul & Amy Dowden - Karim was the other stand-out from the group number for me. I'm hoping Amy will be able to come up with some exciting and stretching choreography for him. She had a rough ride with Danny last year, and Karim seems really sweet, so I am hopeful this partnership will work out.

Mike Bushell & Katya Jones - I think this will be a fun pairing. Mike is a ball of energy and enthusiasm. I think Katya could do for him what she did for Ed. I think the public will like them, as long as the public don't punish Katya for last year and her split from Neil.

Will Bayley & Janette Manrara - I thought Janette would end up with Karim or Mike, so this pairing surprised me a little. Janette seems to get on well with whoever she is partnered with, and Will seems really up for the competition. 

Kelvin Fletcher & Oti Mabuse - ??? Difficult to comment when we know nothing of Kelvin, but who doesn't love Oti?

If I was a betting woman, I think I'd punt for Dev & Diane. I'd be surprised if Mike doesn't make Blackpool. And I think David will be first out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home