Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Fist Three Celebrities: Katie Piper, Faye Tozer & Danny John-Jules

It's annoying when they announce Strictly participants and you're in a different time zone. I've just about been able to catch today's announcements, and here are some early thoughts.

Presenter and author Katie Piper is the first celebrity. Katie said: “I feel so privileged and excited to be part of my favourite show on TV. I already know how much of an amazing experience it will be for me and I can’t wait to show my girls some of my new dance moves. I’m nervous to put on my dancing shoes but can’t wait to learn a new skill and have the Strictly tan and makeover!”

Katie is a fantastic choice for Strictly. She's such a wonderful, inspirational person. You cannot not like her. She's tough, too. I think she'll take to the training well. She's very fit, so will hopefully have the stamina, but can she dance? 

Next up is Steps star Faye Tozer. She said: “Being on Strictly is literally a dream come true! It’s everything my 9 year old self ever wanted from showbiz and I’m going to relish every moment!”

I can't hear myself think over the cries of 'ringer'. We all know Faye can dance. She was in Steps, for goodness sake. The clue is in the group's name! She even did partner dancing in the video to It's The Way You Make Me Feel


Today's final announcement was actor Danny John-Jules. Danny said: “Having spent the last few months on two wheels motorcycling around South America in pink leathers, I’m absolutely delighted to be getting back on two feet and into something more comfortable like glittery spandex.”

I know Danny has been in lots of things, but he's definitely best known for his role as Cat in Red Dwarf. Cat was a sharp dresser and sharp mover. He's also a bit of a ringer on the quiet, having been in west end musicals. Check out this clip of a highly choreographed routine backing up singer Lena Zavaroni:


Ringer, if ever I saw one. But still a good choice.

If the first three are any indication, this is going to be one heck of a series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home