Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

From Hip Hop To Hip Op

Craig Revel Horwood will be getting a hip replacement, after years of dancing have taken their toll.

The Huffington Post reports that Craig revealed all on BBC Breakfast: "I'm having a hip replacement and I can't wait - I'm going to be made of titanium and then I will come back bigger, better and stronger. It's all those years of can-cans and dropping in the splits.. The problem is, of course, it's like all sports injuries. Sports men and women need hip replacements. It was all those years of classical ballet and forcing turn-outs. It can be quite detrimental to your body."

I have very bad knees for the same reason. I made the mistake of forcing my turnout from the knees instead of the hips. And it doesn't help that I've always been significantly heavier than the average dancer. But I wouldn't change it. It will all still have been worth it. I wouldn't trade my dancing past (and present) for the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home