Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Service: Week 8

The competition is starting to get very close now, with one or two starting to fall behind...

I have to admit I was not too fussed with the choreography of Dani & Vincent's samba, but Dani did a decent job with a difficult style. She had nice hip action and bounce, but the performance just didn't blow me away. It was lovely and clean as always.

The tango was my favourite of Kimberley & Pasha's performances so far. It was passionate and they seemed to have a real fight and resistance between them. It had a great mood. I agreed with the judges that her posture was a bit loose, but otherwise it was good. And I just loved the ending with Kimberley being thrown to the floor. Very nice! A great song choice.

Victoria & Brendan's salsa was just cringey. The lifts were good, but maybe that's because Victoria isn't actually dancing when she's got her feet off the floor! Victoria just doesn't seem to have dance in her heart or in her blood - odd for someone who made no secret of how desperate she was to do the programme. Her reluctance is reminiscent of Natasha Kaplinsky, and equally frustrating.

I loved Louis & Flavia's American smooth, but the paso doble didn't do it for me. Louis had the same expression on his face as every week. I agreed with Darcey - that everything was there, but it was just a little flat. Louis is a very capable dancer, but he is not an actor and could really do with some assistance in that area. If they bring a coach in, it could be the thing that just makes Louis' performances pop.

Despite being an actress, Lisa seems to come unstuck with the more serious dances, and the rumba was disappointing. Maybe because she and Robin are like siblings, the performance lacked romance. Lisa also struggled with the strength needed, and often stumbled or took extra steps to keep her balance. She also lacks hip action and really needs to feel and use the floor. Her heels looked low, perhaps a higher heel would have helped. On the plus side, it didn't have any side-by-side work...

Michael & Natalie's Argentine tango had too many lifts and not enough steps. The lifts were good, but you could see the concentration on Michael's face. I had to agree with Craig, that Michael did not seem to be leading Natalie - obvious when you could see her blocking him from moving on the wrong count. I preferred Chris & Ola's dance to Bust The Windows I'm afraid.

Nicky & Karen's Charleston was lovely. It was fun, clean and had great timing. Nicky's timing was iffy in the early routines, so it was great to see him nail it. The routine was really good and very entertaining. I think Nicky has bounced back well after being in the bottom two last week.

Denise & James make everything look so easy and their rumba-esque foxtrot American smooth was no exception. I never tire of watching Denise's turns - they are so clean and she spots like a natural.

There is no question for me that Victoria should be in the bottom two and be heading for home. If she doesn't want to be there (and that's how it is now coming across) then I don't want to be either. I am tried of her whining and self-deprecating, and I'm sure Brendan is too. I much prefer someone who's not so good but loves every minute - like Fern. It's getting harder to decide who else should be in the bottom two. Michael wasn't as strong this week, but I'm not sure he should leave yet. But who else do you put there? Louis? Lisa? Nicky? That wouldn't be fair. I can't wait for tonight's results!

Here are the videos...

Dani & Vincent



Kimberley & Pasha



Victoria & Brendan



Louis & Flavia



Lisa & Robin



Michael & Natalie



Nicky & Karen



Denise & James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home