Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Fond Farewell To Matthew And Lilia

Matthew Cutler and Lilia Kopylova have both chosen to leave Strictly Come Dancing.

The pair have declined to join the proposed dance group and are hanging up their shoes.

A BBC press release suggested that both may still be a part of the show through choreography and guest appearances.

Matthew stated: "I've absolutely loved my time on Strictly, and now is a good time to focus on developing new areas of my career. I'm excited about having more time to commit to new projects and, of course, still having a hand in Strictly without all the training!"

Lilia said: "I've had six brilliant series on the show, I will miss it, but I am looking forward to new opportunities ahead. Of course I will be there to support Darren and all of my fellow professionals."

It's interetsing that Lilia is leaving but Darren is not. One would have presumed they'd do the same, since they can't work together on other things if one is still committed to the show.

Ian and Darren have comitted to the show once again, despite not being part of the competiton. They will form part of a professional dance group, along with four new dancers who are still yet to be announced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home